On the RACV website you can get a free online quote, submit claims or update your policy details.
The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) is an unlisted public company. It was founded in December 1903 as the Automobile Club of Victoria and quickly became Victoria?s principal motoring organisation.
Initially established as a motorists? social club, the Automobile Club of Victoria set out to encourage the development of motoring, protect the rights of motorists and ensure fair legislation guided the use of motor vehicles in Victoria. In 1916 The Royal Charter was bestowed on the Club in recognition of its patriotic service to the Victorian community.
In 1970 RACV established its own insurance company, RACV Insurance Pty Ltd, and in 1973 RACV Insurance Pty Ltd entered the Household insurance field. In 1999 RACV signed a strategic insurance alliance with NRMA.
RACV Motor Insurance offers a range of insurance for cars and motorcycles. They also offer caravan, trailer, and boat insurance.
Comprehensive Car Insurance will provide cover for loss or damage to your car, including fire damage or theft and legal liability for property damaged by your car.
Third Party Property Damage Insurance gives you protection for damage caused by your vehicle to other people`s property and limited cover for your own car.
Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance gives you protection for your car against fire and theft, as well as damage caused to other property.
RACV Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle Insurance is designed to provide cover for special and unique vehicles.
Home & Contents Insurance
RACV offer Home Buildings Insurance, Home Contents Insurance and Landlords Insurance.
RACV Home Buildings Insurance helps you repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged by fire or a range of other events.
Home Contents Insurance offers coverage for your household items - household goods, clothing, personal items, furniture, furnishings and carpet. It also offers new for old replacement cover for all the things you keep in and around your home that are not attached as a permanent structure.
Landlord Insurance provides a range of benefits that are not covered by standard home buildings and contents insurance policies.
RACV Business Insurance delivers the security and flexibility every business deserves with a minimum of fuss. It provides levels of cover that can be adapted to suit your needs and allows your assets and legal liabilities to be covered in the one policy.
RACV also offers farm insurance, travel insurance, fleet insurance and life insurance.
Farm Insurance covers your farm and farm machinery against loss, motor vehicles, home and contents against burglary, and lots more.
RACV offer a range of Travel Insurance plans to suit all types of travellers. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Fleet Insurance offers a number of options for insuring your business vehicles.
Term Life Direct is a life insurance policy that protects you and your family by paying an agreed lump sum benefit, in the event of your death. It is issued by St Andrew`s Life Insurance Pty Ltd which is an insurance partner of RACV.
- RACV members receive up to 20% discount every year on insurance and finance.
- Prime Cover Comprehensive Car Insurance gives people over 50 added benefits over normal Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- When you have Comprehensive Motor and Home Buildings, or Home Contents, or Combined Home Insurance policies with RACV you will receive a discount of 10% off each premium.
- When you insure a home that has recently been built, you will receive a saving of up to 12% off your RACV Home Buildings Insurance premium (compared to a home built more than 4 years ago).
- Claims assistance available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 13 19
- RACV Insurance rewards claim-free policyholders. For each consecutive claim-free policy year you will be eligible for a 5% discount on renewal of your policy, up to a maximum discount of 25% for five claim-free years of insurance.
Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Ltd, 485 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
General insurance enquiries and estimates: call 13 7228
Stock exchange information: Not listed.